Wednesday, December 31, 2014

8/15/11. Little by Little


As many know, I'll be heading off to college soon for the first time. In fact, I leave in ten days. This is both exciting and terrifying: Exciting because I get to meet new people, move to a new place, and just have a whole new adventure. On the other hand, these are the same reason why it's terrifying. One of my (major) worries was how I'm supposed to pay for all of it. Sure I'd saved up a little here and there, but it wasn't enough to pay for anything really except for books.

Yesterday I was putting together my payment plan and found that I'd been awarded several grants and loans. These awards took a nice chunk out of the semester's costs though I still had a ways to go. When calculating everything for this first semester though, my mom and I discovered something else..... I'd been given another grant that neither of us knew about before!!! This wasn't a small grant either. I'd been awarded another $1000 and we don't even know where it came from! (Well, it technically came from the government, but you know what I'm saying).

College looks more and more hopeful as it draws nearer to moving day. The youth paster at my church recently said that God will only go as far as our faith lets Him. He won't push His way in. We have to be ready for what God wants to do in our lives. This really hit home with me and was really an encouraging thing to hear. If God's already done all this in my life and I've been having faith that He was going to do it, what more will He do if I have a little more faith?

                                                                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment