Wednesday, December 31, 2014

3/1/12. Lazy Title


Hello. I feel like it's been a while.

Yesterday Chicago was bathed in 56 degree sun and I wore a tank top, no jacket. The wind was ridiculous. I was blinded just because my hair wouldn't stay out of my face. I'm sure I looked like a dork laughing at myself, but I'm convinced that only means that Chicagoans need to lighten up a little; they didn't crack a smile and I was laughing like a chipmunk on helium. Lake Michigan was crystal blue and there were happy puffy clouds floating over the city. Around 4 or 5PM the temperature dropped, but I made it to my dorm in my tank top without shivering. The air was still fresh, though everyone else (Frank) thought it the most terrible thing. I pick on him because he picks on me for sucking helium and for some reason he also thinks that Missourians listen to Irish folk music (huge difference between Irish and Cajun, my man). What he doesn't realize is that though country music is a huge part of the culture of the Ozarks, many other genres are enjoyed by the natives as well. I'm sure I just rocked his world by breaking it to him. *Peace out, Frank*

Today the sky is drearily overcast and the air is chilly. It's not as bitter, or fresh, as last night only because there's not as much wind. It's a homework day.

I'm running out of ideas for stories. Last semester I had countless ideas of brilliance for my Intro to Fiction Writing class, but this semester I have hardly anything. Sure others enjoy my stories, but they're just not as good as last semester. I don't want to write about monsters (this week's topic)

My roommate can't hear a thing. She's wearing her headphones with her music at full blast so I conducted a little experiment. I began talking to her at a volume that was a little louder than normal. She didn't even pause to say, "What?" I could hear the lyrics clearly. I'm surprised she's not deaf. My ears would be bleeding. I'm not doggin' on her- I just thought it was interestingly humorous.

I'm craving pickles.

My dear friend Weston is visiting me during his spring break. He'll be here in 20 1/2 days. I could cry, I'm so excited. I won't though because that's a little freaky. We're going to eat deep dish pizza and Chicago hotdogs, go to Navy Pier, Wicker Park, and Millennium Park. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

I feel like a hipster today. It's probably the hat. It's more like a cross between a hipster and a skater. I'm a weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment