Wednesday, December 31, 2014

12/2/11. In a Timely Fashion


I must say that I am quite proud of myself. This week, I was able to finish ALL of my homework in two days. On Monday and Tuesday, I completely isolated myself at my desk and did not move unless absolutely necessary (i.e. class, bathroom break, food, or sleep). Not only did I complete all my homework, but I also skipped ahead in my ASL book so I am now covered for homework for the next unit as well. I celebrated with strawberries and cream cheese.

It wasn't until I finished all my work that I realized how bad the people around me procrastinate (it's okay, they know and I'm just saying.) I usually don't care, but I didn't really seem to notice much until I was the one with no one to hang out with because of it. This being said, I think we can all say that "Work now, play later" is a wonderful moral to live by. Columbia has an event happening this evening- some sort of poetry gig- but after watching the advertisement for it, I realized it probably isn't a good idea to go.

Now I am stuck in my room...a very boring place to be alone.

My roommate has gone home for the weekend, both suite mates are out and about (one's at work, one's with her boyfriend) and the guys are, um, I don't know. I just know they're busy.

I would watch a movie, but I'm kind of movie'd out. I will probably make embroidery thread bracelets, draw henna on myself, do my nails, and end up watching a movie anyway. Yes, I enjoy those things, but it's not as fun by myself. I want to go outside, but it's not as fun at night. I'm definitely a daytime person. I took a lengthy nap this afternoon/evening so it's probably going to be a long night.

Eh, we'll see.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment