Wednesday, December 31, 2014

10/12/11 Random Thoughts...Very Random


Living in a dorm is quite interesting. It's not like sharing a room in anything different because I have years of experience doing that. I just find it humorous that even though there are only supposed to be two people living in 802-A (that's my room, FYI) it seems as though eight live here. Since we have the TV, naturally, movie lovers (everyone in my little friend circle) are going to flock to it. I don't mind this most of the time. In fact coming back from my late night class and walking in on a bunch of goobers fixed to the screen is quite laughable. Example; last night, I went to my dorm room (or hotel room as some would refer to it as) I walked in to my roomie, suit mates, and four other friends all intently watching the Lion King II: Simba's Pride. The lights were out and some of them were mumbling the words to one of the songs. On the contrary, they were also over-analyzing the movie and commenting on how Disney inaccurately portrayed the male and female roles of a real lion pride and how, "Kiara totally saved Kovu's butt. He's a wimp." In fact, as I am writing this entry and my roommate asks about what I'm writing. When I tell her she exclaims, "It's true! Same with the Beast from Beauty and the Beast. He became such a jerk." Good grief.

I don't sleep very much anymore. I've been averaging about 5 hours of sleep a night, often less. I don't know why this is. It could be because of all the partying that goes on EVERY night down the hall. It could be because my roommate is an insomniac- she leaves the light on all the time and even when she turns it off, I can hear her music or the harsh light of the laptop screen pierces through my eyelids. It could also be because I so often feel lonely and want to go home. It could be because even though I'm going to church, I still don't feel connected. Now that I think about it though, I'm beginning to think it's all of the above. Well, stink.

You know where I really want to go? Medieval Times! It's been years since I've been there, and it's no wonder because the place is so darn expensive. One time when I was there, the knight for our 'team' won a tournament. He was given a few flowers to give to the maidens of his choice sitting in his section of the audience. I got one of the flowers.

Sometimes I see pennies lying on the sidewalks here in Chicago. Usually, I get excited and keep them because as we all know, "A penny saved is a penny earned." Though lately, I've noticed that there aren't a lot of pennies left on the sidewalks. I'm thinking this is because of the surplus of homeless people. They find a penny and their whole world changes (probably not that much, but more than mine.) Now when I see pennies on the ground, I think twice and decide to leave them there for the homeless people. I've also noticed; however, that sometimes the same penny will be sitting in the same spot as the day before. No one picked it up. If this is the case, I keep it for myself then. I'm doing a little experiment for my own entertainment. There is a penny stuck on one of the lobby doors: it is wedged between the window and the handle bar (you know, the bar you push on public glass doors and the door will unlatch.) It's been there for a few weeks now. I'm waiting to see how long it'll stay there before someone removes it. I'll probably be the one who ends up removing it.

That's pretty much it for now. So until next time think about it: how much does it really matter how well Walt Disney portrayed life? What keeps you awake? Wouldn't you be flattered if a knight in shining armor brought you a flower? and last but not least, would you keep or leave the penny?

Tah!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment