Wednesday, December 31, 2014

12/7/11 Blessed Beyond What I Deserve


While relaxing and snuggling under my blanket this afternoon, my brain began to think. My brain does this often, but not always about very profound things. Today, however, I began to think about my life -past, present, and future - and I realized how far I have come. I am so blessed! In don't understand why, I just know that I am.

Some people ask me why I have it all together and how come my life is always so great. To them I say, "I don't have it all together. My life is not always so great, but because God loves me and I have declared Him as my Savior, He guides me so I follow. He loves me. Oh, how He loves me." I have gone through many hardships throughout my lifetime yet because I choose to trust in God and believe that He's going to get me through it, I always know that I'm going to be okay. Sometimes I find myself in a valley and it feels like there's no way out, but that's when God equips me with the gear I need to climb back up that mountain.

Especially throughout my teen years, I've had to deal with things many individuals believe no child should ever have to deal with and some things many adults haven't even encountered. The encouraging thing about this statement is that God allowed me to deal with those things for a reason and I am stronger for it. As a result of my continuously chasing Him and relying on Him to sustain me, I've found myself reaching my goals one at a time. A few examples include: a scholarship to Columbia, divine opportunities, becoming involved and making a difference, etc...

I find also that I am never alone. God takes care of me day by day. Though sometimes the devil tries to tell me that I am not special, I am unloved, or that God doesn't care, God quickly trumps those lies with truths like, "You are fearfully and wonderfully made."- Psalm 139:14; "So do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."- Isaiah 41:10; and "Cast your burdens upon Jesus for he cares for you."1 Peter 5:7. Thinking about these things my day immediately went from dismal and tiring to uplifting and bright.

Because I know that there is hope, I pray every day that my life would be an encouragement to others. I pray they would also partake in the life that is only found in Him and that they will also know that they are so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment