Wednesday, December 31, 2014

7/27/11 Windblown


After almost seven long and tiring hours on the Amtrak, I finally arrived in Union Station at 9:50 PM on Monday night. I was greeted by some family friends; one half asleep on the bench, one completely expressionless, another staring off into another dimension, and the other with a tired yet beaming smile and open arms. We slugged through piling traffic and then were finally able to crash for the night at their home in Bartlett, Illinois. By then in was almost midnight which meant we only received five hours of sleep before Aunt Cindy, Taeopae, and I had to get up the next morning to catch the 6:30 train to Chicago for my college orientation. Once we arrived in Chicago, we made our way across Adams St. to Wabash and found Columbia College...or at least on of its buildings. From there on, the day was packed with all sorts of activities. From finance meetings to campus tours, placement test to welcome activities, we covered everything. I'm sure I walked around a few miles in total. Windblown and exhausted, the only thing I found exciting by the end of the day was the thought of going to sleep and once we arrived back in Bartlett and my head hit the pillow, I was out!

I really am excited about starting college. It's going to be such an adventure!...only a month away now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment