Wednesday, December 31, 2014

7/27/11 Here We Go


8:40 AM; I woke up super excited and ready to go! I wiggled out of bed and stepped on my cell phone. I looked down and noticed the screen was lit up with a notification that I had a text message from my lifelong friend Taeopae. Instinctively I opened the text. It read,"WOO!" and I knew exactly what that meant. I texted back, "YEAH!!!" then I scurried to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth. I went back to the bedroom to get dressed and glanced at the clock...8:44AM. That's it? What gives! I carried my suitcase and backpack out to he car to get a head start and shoved it all in the trunk. Then I hurried to the kitchen in hopes that Grandma and Grandpa were ready for breakfast. I know I sure was. Gee, I was ready to get on the road already! To my relief, Grandma was pulling out the cereal. Grandpa was on the phone with a friend (oh Gramps. You and your social network buddies). We finished breakfast and I frantically cleaned the kitchen while Grandma looked up backup directions on MapQuest should she not agree with the GPS.

Finally everyone was ready to go. Armed with Gatorade and Nature Valley Almond bars, I followed Grandma out to the car and hopped in the back seat. Grandpa set up the GPS and we were off.

Not even a mile down the road, Grandpa was already giving the GPS problems saying,"What? Turn right? Well watch this!" (he turns left) what a rebel.

And so the adventures begin...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment