Wednesday, December 31, 2014

7/23/11 Moving On


Today was my last day at work and what a bittersweet feeling it was. I was so excited at the beginning of my shift to tell everyone and almost brag that this was it, but by the end, I was ready to cry. When I got off work, my family came to join me for dinner. It was so weird to sit in booth #12 and have one of my coworkers as my waitress for the evening (she was marvelous, by the way). To play the role as "the customer" rather than "the server" felt so strange all of a sudden. I didn't want to leave anymore. My coworkers had become like a family to me and I will miss them all. It really hit me once I finished dinner though. All me coworkers signed my t-shirt and wished me luck at college. Then after exchanging hugs with everyone, I made my way toward the front door...the FRONT door. (I never used the front door. employees just don't do that. We use the back or side doors.) I walked outside and across the parking lot then looked behind me: I was no longer an employee there. It was a strange feeling really. I know that I had to quit in order to move on and go to college since I'll be another state. I'll miss everyone though. I'll definitely be back to visit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment