Wednesday, December 31, 2014

4/25/12. 10Days till Farewell


I believe this will be my last blog post in the great city of Chicago. In 10 days, I will be on my merry way to beautiful Ozark where I shall work my little heart out all summer. This excites me greatly, having been without a job for the past eight months.

My freshman year of college has been nothing short of an adventure. I have learned so much being in the city and having to learn quickly to fend for myself in the concrete jungle. Though I've missed home to the point of being truly ill, I've met a number of amazing people whose relationships I will always cherish.

I will be transferring to Central Bible College in Springfield, MO for the Fall 2012 semester and am not planning on returning to Columbia College Chicago. I understand that many have expressed that they feel I am abandoning Columbia, but I am moving on to a new chapter in my life. I've been called to pursue Deaf Ministry at CBC and am so excited to do this.

I will admit that transferring to a Christian school frightens me a little. It seems a little crazy, but I don't know how to explain it. I understand that I will be around people who share my beliefs and know I'll be back in the Bible belt, a bit of a safe haven if you will. Perhaps it's the whole process that's a little freaky. New place, new space, new people, new school, new classes.... yet at the same time same town, near family, reunited with old friends.

Change is hard, but it's inevitable. This will be a good change and I'm so looking forward to see what the future holds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment