Wednesday, December 31, 2014

3/14/13. Seven Days and I'm Amazed


Unalakleet, Alaska

 
Seven days has never felt so short, yet in seven days God can accomplish so much. 19 days ago I found myself standing in an airport in Anchorage, Alaska nervous, excited, scared, exhilarated and any other combination of contradictory emotions one can think of. As I an a team of six others stood on the sidewalk my mind was having great difficulty processing the fact that I was all the way across the country in a foreign place with no idea what was to happen the rest of the week: all I knew was that God had told me to go, He was going to save some people, and at some point (Tuesday maybe?) I was supposed to preach. Oh goodness! I have to preach!

 
"If our God is for us, then who can
be against us?"
My stomach churned like a whirlpool as we all climbed into the van and drove off over the snow- highway to a church where we'd spend the night before we flew out to Unalakleet and then St. Michael the following day. When I laid my head on my pillow that night, my imagination began to taunt me with thoughts like, "A polar bear is going to crash through that window and eat you alive." and "You're going to wake up with no toes because of frostbite." Ridiculous, I know.

The next day we landed in St. Michael after two unnecessarily stressful flights (for whatever reason, I panicked on each plane we boarded) and I along with the team of eight found refuge in the home of missionaries Linda and Brian. They did their best to ready us for the events of that week, but nothing could prepare us for what actually happened.

1 Corinthians 2:9 "No eye
has seen, no ear has heard, no mind
has conceived what God has
prepared for those who love him."

Every single day was entirely new from the previous. One day one, I was freed from my life-controlling bondage of fear after coming face to face with a demon through another woman. God quite literally allowed me to see things that the human eye cannot normally witness. I saw chains fall off people including myself, I saw darkness flee at the Name of Jesus. As the week progressed, God did nothing but astonish me beyond words. He filled me with such a heavenly joy that all I could do was laugh nonstop. Even now, I laugh to the point of tears of some occasions. As God continued to drive out darkness from the village He also continued to transform my heart.

OH VICTORY!

For so long, I felt as though I was sliding backwards into the trap of complacency, but as soon as He bean to work in St. Michael it was as though God had released the sling shot hurling me over the walls of fear and circumspect and breaking the chains that so strongly held me to the ground. Like a wrecking ball, He tore down guard I felt so safe behind and shattered my pride and arrogance. Even now, I know I am still being made into a new creation. It's like I have to learn who I am all over again... but I love it.

No longer comfortable with, well, comfort, I find myself striving for new things: I want to be used by God in a way that would shake the world. I don't want to be silent anymore. Why? There's no time to be silent. I want to scream from the mountain tops the glory of His goodness. I'm no longer content with safety, routine, and spectating. I want to do, live on the edge, and if I slip, know that God's hand will be there to catch me.

Never before have I slept so peacefully. Averaging only 3-4 hours of sleep per night upon return to Missouri I have found myself so jubilant from the second my eyelids unveil my eyes to the moment I lay back down to sleep again.

Even since being back, my Lord continues to speak to my heart and open my eyes to things otherwise unseen and continually my heart wants to beat straight out of my chest from being so overwhelmed (in a good way, mind you.)

Oh, how I cannot begin to express how I feel. To say I am amazed, bewildered, awestruck, or astonished are such understatements. I suppose the best way to say would be- speechless.





Romans 8:37 "In all these things we are more than
conquerors through him who loved us."

Ecclesiastes 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in it time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."


Luke 1:47-49 "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on, all generations will call me blessed."

No comments:

Post a Comment