Wednesday, December 31, 2014

4/14/13. It's Not Over Yet


Life. It happens to all of us. Sometimes favorably, other times not so favorably, but it happens nonetheless. In my twenty years of living, I have been through some ups and downs, but regardless of what life threw at me whether it be lemons or daggers, time and time again God has always revealed to me this one thing: The best is yet to come.

Though I may not have realized exactly that this fact was what God was telling me at the time, I look back at see that truly the best is yet to come. It doesn't matter if the circumstances were doleful or triumphant. Either way, the best is yet to come:

Since being back in Missouri God has continued to do such phenomenal things in me, through me, and all around me. I am in complete awe! Repeatedly I have watched people be healed in the name of Jesus Christ physically, spiritually, relationally, mentally, emotionally... I've seen people instantly healed from colds, sprained body parts, migraines, lack of forgiveness, and spiritual bondage to name a few. While these are all fantastic things to behold, I know still that the best is yet to come.

I've been able to speak to a few people recently who have said similar things about their lives, that they feel that there has to be more than this. There has to be more than what they're living now. This can't possibly be it. Well let me tell you from personal experience (and I am still experiencing) that guess what? The best is yet to come! That awkward empty feeling they get in their stomachs when they start to feel the exhaustion of the mundane routines of every day of life.... That's certainly God saying, "The best is yet to come." It's not over yet. It's only a season.

I originally had something more to say when I began writing this blog post, but I no longer do. This is a shorter one for the sole purpose of informing you all that the best is yet to come. I'm hoping that this is seen as encouragement and nothing else. I certainly find it encouraging especially with everything that I've seen. For those of you who had slipped into the routine of life and are becoming restless and irritated, let me just tell you now that though not you nor I know what it is yet, THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment