Wednesday, December 31, 2014

6/5/13. How Mighty a Flight


I'm writing this on my break from kitchen duty. Gotta head back in about six minutes.

What a glorious day it is today: The sun is shining, a light breeze tickles my cheeks, the faint resonance of campers laughing and chanting "We love Jesus, yes we do! We love Jesus, how 'bout you?" echoes over the lake, wind chimes dining and dong with the wind, puffy white clouds sit above the distant mountains as though they rest on glass. Every so often a bird flies by that I've never seen before and I am immediately distracted by anything I was doing prior to its arrival.


One of my favorite things; however is when the variety of military aircraft pass over head. Today while working on a story I saw four of them- the Blue Angels- majestically soar across the sky casting monstrous shadows upon the water glistening below. They always look so triumphant and I feel as though I should jump up, throw a peace sign in the air, and let out a terrible war cry. I never know where they come from or where they're headed.

I saluted them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment