Wednesday, December 31, 2014

5/23/13. Don't You Know It's Beautiful


Yet again, a new chapter in life. The semester has come to a close, grades have been submitted, and best of all

I'M BACK IN ALASKA!!!!

Yes, 'tis true. I have returned north to the great wilderness where I am interning at the Little Beaver Camp & Retreat summer for the entire summer. I flew up with friend and boyfriend who are both staying in Alaska for other purposes; Christina also interning back in St. Michael where we were during the Spring Impact trip, and Aaron working.

How beautiful the great state I am so eager to call home (For those of you who are unaware, God has called me to Alaska. Further details are yet unknown, but what could be more exciting than the unknown?) Everywhere I look is a new scene, a new masterpiece of paint splashed over a full canvas of incandescent mountain peaks with coarse treetops for paintbrushes. Unfamiliar wildlife emerges from every corner of this new-to-me world and I can't help but laugh at the sight of such creatures, not that they're funny looking. I saw a moose yesterday and
decided to call her Melissa. I saw a teeny beaver two nights ago and named him Nelson.

The other interns and I have been put to work, but I've enjoyed all of it. Though my body screams, "OWW!! Please rest!" my mind races a million miles an hour and exclaims, "ADVENTURE!!!!" It's been a contrast of emotions being here for not even one full week yet. On none hand I'm enraptured by the unknown , but on the other find the unfamiliar people, location, and culture all rather intimidating. No matter. I have the entire summer to look forward to because God has promised me that He's gong to do something astronomical and incomprehensible. I would shout for joy had I more energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment