Wednesday, December 31, 2014

7/21/13. What's Outside Your Window?


This month has been full of many happenings I'm not too enlightened by I could certainly say this months has been a month of many trials. Though I wish not to discuss all of them, I do request prayer for strength, patience, and perseverance.

I have this summer been more sick physically speaking than any other time in my life that I can recall. While many are aware of my little adventure to the hospital and a following week out of the action back in June, I find myself again sick this past weekend and now. Still recuperating from last month's illness, which by the way I was recently tested for possibly to find any trace of lyme disease or thyroid issues and was given back a clean report, it's been frustrating having to take life slower than I'm used to especially with so many camps constantly coming in and out. On top of physical illness, it's been an emotional load missing friends and family constantly. If I had it my way, I'd bring everyone up here to Alaska.

Though it sounds like it's been one thing after another, I am learning to truly and fully rely of God, something I didn't realize how much more I needed to learn about and will never stop learning to do (a sigh of relief.) I'm continually also gaining a new appreciation for nature and the beautiful works of art God creates all around me. I've always enjoyed nature form little on; however, I never knew it could look like this:






Being physically unwell has forced me to stop and observe my surroundings for what they are. Being unable to do things as I normally do like work longer and harder opens up windows for me to just sit and watch as God streaks color across the canvas of the sky, fill my ears with new sounds and my nose with unfamiliar scents of the wild. Every time I am surprised and every time I am amazed at what He presents me with.

Amidst my frustrations like not being able to breathe through a stuffy nose, racing for the bathrooms every 20 minutes and sticking to a strict diet of water and saltines, I've gained a new appreciation for what I am able to see out the window.

What's outside your window?

No comments:

Post a Comment